A common skin disease causing redness and swelling on the face, the exact cause of which is unknown.
Often referred to as “adult acne,” rosacea may begin as a tendency to flush or blush easily, and progress to persistent redness in the center of the face that may gradually involve the cheeks, forehead, chin, and nose. It also may involve the ears, chest and back. As the disease progresses, small blood vessels and tiny pimples begin to appear on and around the reddened area.
Rosacea treated with 4 IPL treatments
Before and After
- IPL Photofacial
- Topical Treatments
- PCA SKIN® Clinical Care Products
- Prescription strength medicine
Because the exact cause of rosacea is unknown, the best prevention is avoiding things that make the face red or flushed.
- Avoid hot drinks, spicy foods, caffeine and alcoholic beverages.
- Practice good sun protection.
- Avoid rubbing, scrubbing or massaging the face.
- Keep a diary of flushing episodes and note associated foods, products, activities, medications or other triggering factors.