Sun damage, also known as photo aging, is caused by ultra-violet light and is the cause of most of the changes we consider associated with aging of the skin. In addition to premature aging of the skin, sun damage also increases your risk of skin cancer.
Exposure to the sun accumulates over your lifetime and causes the skin to show the signs of aging prematurely. Age spots, sun-induced freckles, sagging skin, wrinkling and blemishes of benign brown pigment are evidence of sun damage. With sun damage, the skin becomes thicker, rougher, loses its elasticity, and develops uneven pigmentation.
Before and After
- IPL Photofacial
- OBAGI Nu-Derm System
- Lunchtime peels
- PCA SKIN® Clinical Care Products
- Avoid sun exposure by staying in the shade between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm when the sun is most intense
- Wear light-colored clothing with tightly woven fabric
- Wear a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15, reapplying every two hours, even on cloudy days.